Wednesday, March 11, 2009

One Life, Make It Count


The above title was taken from the concert I went last week, which was held by a group of medical students involving one of their church activity. Well, I was invited by some friends and they motivated me to go, regardless to religion but for the sake of de-depressing my life or to be more exact, to appreciate my life.


APPRECIATE YOUR LIFE.

I am not happy today. Do not ask me why. I am not at liberty to story-tell about it. But this entry is related to what had happened to my surrounding, the people around me, the people I care and I love, TODAY.

How many times have we heard of people learning/ starting to appreciate their life and "living like there's no other tomorrow" after a life-threatening event? And what I felt is that, they are lucky enough to have a new chance or a second to appreciate their life.


But why do we have to wait until our lives or the lives of those dear to us are threatened before we take notice of the joy around us? I am not talking about taking sad aspect to our lives and trouble ourselves from thinking something which is unnecessary or becoming a worry-wart, I am just trying to say that we DO have time everyday just to value what we have and appreciate the facts that we are alive today.

You can do something extraordinary, like this :

Since I am the one who enter this post, I shall be the first- to know how to value my life, and start appreciating my life from now onwards. Don't get me wrong - It is not like I have never appreciate my life, its just that I can be someone more, do something more, and treat myself more lively.

There are few things I've suggested myself (AND YOU) to do'em everyday, there goes my list :

1) Every night before you sleep, list 5 things you are most grateful of the day. They must not be something "great or extraordinary", they can be the simplest things you feel like the food you ate today, the friend you walked home after class, or the blog you entered just now.

2) Have a cuddle. From your parents, brothers, sisters, boyfriend, girlfriend, friends or if you can't find anyone, hug your toys. If you do not have any, I can lend them to you. Cuddle them often.


3) SMILE. That's all it takes - Simply smile occasionally even no one is there to see it ! But do not over-do it.


4) Wear something you like - Open your wardrobe, appreciate every single piece you own, wear them! Wear them rather than leaving them stored for rare "special occasion". I call this Kubi-Disorder. I must learn doing this else I shall stop buying, stop piling clothes.


5) Call your family, relatives and friends, chat about unimportant things. I prefer email.

6) Eat & drink slowly. Feel the texture of your tongue. Stop doing things when you are tired, stretch your arms and legs. Feel the muscles relaxation.

7) Notice the nature. Simply peep outside the window for sunrise or sunset. Simply feel the texture of snow. Simply love flowers and trees.

Even IF I can't do them everyday, I can DO ONE A DAY.


Simply appreciate your life every day ! ! !

P.S = This entry is based on the inspirations I've got from a site. Not Kubi-copyrighted but it does not matter as long as it works on me and you.

1 Anti-Kubi on "One Life, Make It Count"

Unknown on March 12, 2009 at 4:57 AM said...

hi Chirbie,
What you have posted is to true. In fact, that should be the main aim in life.
This is a little poem i would like to share with you about life.

Ever stop to give a thought,
Rationale of living if life's short
filled with sufferings,errs while still living
if that's the reason for existence
I will cut my life short
to make the suffering of a lifetime stop
How to end this now, I have contemplated suicide
thousand reasons to kill myself
but only one reason outlive life itself
tears of life flow through my eyes
ready to cut my life with a knife
I held up the knife high
suddenly all i see was Isabelle's eyes
Daddy's has failed many times
so often i find it hard to stand up
little Isabelle, my sweet angel
I'll fight to the end for you, for your daddy's life flows through you
For you I held my chin up high to the sky
Fight the devil battle from inside
fear not my child, cause daddy has changed
till I draw my last breathe,till i give up my body
I'll continue to live life though your eyes

--Dr Wan Chee Hung--

Kubi's Travel Blog

  • Santa Monica Los Angeles - (Travel Period : 8th July - 14th July 2009) Pictures taken in LA are all copyrighted by Danbo & WCChen Santa Monica Beach - situated beneath the palisades a...
    14 years ago

CuBee Wish List

  • iPhone4
  • Fossil Whitey Watch
  • Pinky Sony Netbook

I've been there

  • St.Pete Russia, Nederland, France, England, Scotland, Dubai UAE 2010
  • USA 2009 - New York, California, Nevada, Florida
  • Spain, Scotland, England 2009
  • Riga, Italy, Austria, Switzerland 2008
  • Ireland, Germany, France, England, Sweden 2008
  • Hong Kong, Singapore, Turkey 2007
  • Italy, Dubai UAE 2006
  • China, Thailand 2004

Kubi Next FootSteps

  • Greece
  • Nepal
  • Tibet
 

Hocus Pocus Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Distributed by Blogger Templates