Monday, March 16, 2009

I Have No Passport


Walking on Moscow street without a passport ~ is nearly DEAD.



I will be walking on street, going for classes, hanging out in Moscow WITHOUT A PASSPORT for the next few days. I am worried but at times, I AM HAPPY XD.

YUU HUUUU . . . MY VISA HAS BEEN APPROVED ! ! !

If you are observant enough, my Cubee-Wish-List on the right finally came true !!! Today, Goku and I went to USA Embassy (we had to skip class) for our arranged-interview.

In Russia as always, people never fail to queue up for getting food, for paying goods, for shopping, for clinics, for toilets, for anything ~ And we waited for an hour queuing OUTSIDE the embassy this morning at 8:30am ~ freaking cold weather.

There are few checking points inside and outside the embassy, obviously lar, they takut terrorist mar. LOL.

Handphones, cameras and GUNS are not allowed. Its written.

First, 3 checking points on bags and body. And another 3 checking points for visa applications including finger prints (mind you, all 5 fingers! lol), a shot of your photo from the application form and etc etc.

Finally we sat down after 2 hours while waiting for our turn. For the interview.

The interview took like 2 MIN ? ? ?
They seems to be more worried being attacked by Russian than approving them a visa. Checking points took like 2 hours but interview for 2 minutes.

But I believe this has to do with our passport also, since we are not from Russia. We are Malaysians, perhaps easier?

Throughout the visa checking point, the lady wrote us a 120 months validity on our application forms and I guess that is a standard duration a Malaysian will get. But I was not told that I will be getting a 10 years visa after the interview, only said : Congratulations, your visa has been approved! As easy as that XD And oh yeah, the interviewer is nice, he is nice, I like him and I love to speak English! LOL.

If some of you are wondering, getting your US visa approved is not hard at all. They ask simple questions like :
1) Are you student and what are you studying? YES
. Medicine.
2) How many years have you stayed in Moscow? 4.5

3) When will you graduate? 2010

4) Why Russia and who pays for your tuition fees? Cheaper, Parents

5) What your parents do? Businessman

6) Who will pay for your trip? Parents

7) Where will you be travelling in US? Yet to plan

8) Do you have any friends or relatives in the states? NO

And ONE last question : ARE YOU A TERRORIST ? ? ?
DO I LOOK LIKE ONE ? ? ?

This is a JOKE. I am joking LOL

OK. There you go. I have my visa approved ! ! ! I did not even show them my supporting letter/document =p

Now I have to worry about my passport.
I did not get back my passport today, because said I have to wait for the maximum 3 days, and PONY EXPRESS (a courier company owned by Russians) will be delivering it back to me at my doorstep. Good service huh, I guess to prevent congestion at the embassy plus I paid PONY EXPRESS for processing my visa application earlier.

I am worried now : I doubt I will be home 24/7. My passport will be safe ? ? ? Will they throw my passport to the security downstairs? Or simply at my doorstep, under the door?
I do not trust Russians.
Shall I call them to arrange a time, or shall I pick it up myself?
Hate to deal with the Russians!


*****

OK. Now what, I am SICK AGAIN. I am really angry at myself now! Sick of it ! ! !
I am NOT having Rubella ok people!
I HOPE NOT =(

1 Anti-Kubi on "I Have No Passport"

Johnny Ong on March 18, 2009 at 10:49 AM said...

u must have familiarised yrself with the customs, traditions, what to and not to after being there for so long

Kubi's Travel Blog

  • Santa Monica Los Angeles - (Travel Period : 8th July - 14th July 2009) Pictures taken in LA are all copyrighted by Danbo & WCChen Santa Monica Beach - situated beneath the palisades a...
    14 years ago

CuBee Wish List

  • iPhone4
  • Fossil Whitey Watch
  • Pinky Sony Netbook

I've been there

  • St.Pete Russia, Nederland, France, England, Scotland, Dubai UAE 2010
  • USA 2009 - New York, California, Nevada, Florida
  • Spain, Scotland, England 2009
  • Riga, Italy, Austria, Switzerland 2008
  • Ireland, Germany, France, England, Sweden 2008
  • Hong Kong, Singapore, Turkey 2007
  • Italy, Dubai UAE 2006
  • China, Thailand 2004

Kubi Next FootSteps

  • Greece
  • Nepal
  • Tibet
 

Hocus Pocus Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Distributed by Blogger Templates