Sunday, February 28, 2010

# 1 Happy Chap Goh Meh !


I do find it a lil weird blogging about Chap Goh Meh while I didn't mention a shit about Chinese New Year YET. I did not celebrate Chinese New Year for 6 years already and hopefully next year I will be home for this festival. I am dying to be home. My brothers said they need me BADLY, at least for the night of eve. For those who are married in family will only be home by 2nd day of CNY. And they cursed me! So that I am not gonna marry so soon, they need me *wink* still.

So today is the final day of Chinese New Year, it lasted for 15 days and it was my final celebration in Moscow. This is how I celebrated my final-CNY ; Firstly CNY dinner group outing with my friends, and then 2) I had one week study for my exam paper, 3) on the 7th day of CNY, we had a reunion dinner at home. Reunion = family members but in Moscow, I had it with my block-mates (or better said ex). And then 4) next ; a poker face party with gallons of alcoholic beverages + a poker game? Heeeeeee. And last but not least, 5) a making of snowman!

I will name them bit by bit in each and every coming post. As for now, I would like to hehe let you see some of my cookies ! ! !

Home-made Pineapple Jam
My lovely pineapple cookies.
They are really yummy-yummy.
Tongue-melting pastry with pineapple-sweet filling.
Danbo's favorite. Kuih Bangkit. Or better known as Tapioca cookies?
Not sure about the name. I didn't like this very much.
Maybe because I didn't use the correct flour?
I bought potato starch instead of tapioca flour or
are they the same? I shall try again =)
Peanut cookies. They are yummy too. But a lil salty.
Eatable and lovable still =)
I made only 3 types of cookies. But in ONE day. Hehe. I was not free a week before CNY till the 5th day of CNY, I started baking. I had exam, you know why. Thank to those who came to helped me, oh especially helping me to peel the peanuts. One of those reasons why I hate baking peanut cookies.

Oh yeah, we gonna have a late CNY open house next week. I said LATE. Nothing wrong with celebrating a belated-CNY right? I guess nobody gonna mind. Unfortunately, it is open to only 6th year students XD Hehe and I am the organizer and . . . a baker.

1 Anti-Kubi on "# 1 Happy Chap Goh Meh !"

Ken Wooi on March 2, 2010 at 4:20 AM said...

pineapple tarts!!! =D

kenwooi.com

Kubi's Travel Blog

  • Santa Monica Los Angeles - (Travel Period : 8th July - 14th July 2009) Pictures taken in LA are all copyrighted by Danbo & WCChen Santa Monica Beach - situated beneath the palisades a...
    14 years ago

CuBee Wish List

  • iPhone4
  • Fossil Whitey Watch
  • Pinky Sony Netbook

I've been there

  • St.Pete Russia, Nederland, France, England, Scotland, Dubai UAE 2010
  • USA 2009 - New York, California, Nevada, Florida
  • Spain, Scotland, England 2009
  • Riga, Italy, Austria, Switzerland 2008
  • Ireland, Germany, France, England, Sweden 2008
  • Hong Kong, Singapore, Turkey 2007
  • Italy, Dubai UAE 2006
  • China, Thailand 2004

Kubi Next FootSteps

  • Greece
  • Nepal
  • Tibet
 

Hocus Pocus Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Distributed by Blogger Templates