Wednesday, March 10, 2010

# 4 Poker Face


When it comes to Chinese New Year or general holiday ("praznik") ~ Alcoholic beverages are one of those choices you have in Moscow. I am not a drinker. In fact none of us. Neither a professional drinker, but I can drink and we drink occasionally. My tolerance to alcoholic beverages kinda average or above average LOL =p with condition drink'em slowly + not too much of moving positions ; like dancing.
Playing poker cards ~ Gambling is one of the culture for chineses during Chinese New Year. To be really frank, I did not gamble during Chinese New Year for 5 years already (I said during Chinese New Year LOL =p I did gamble a lil when I was in Las Vegas last summer! Wuahaha) and this year, we had a small gambling session wuahaha! Small ~ meaning with a lil amount of money and playing for fun! We had a great time. We spent our whole night talking crap, drinking, playing poker cards, having supper and etc etc.

Initially, Kenny lost most of his money and he had to mortgage himself LOL =p Wuahaha well like I mentioned before, whenever he is around, things gonna be a lil 'roller-coastered' =p It's a good thing ~ We should at least do crazeee stuff when we were young. And this dude was REALLY drunk that night!

*****

I remember how well my grandpa could drink when he was still here and how he trained me drinking in front of his friends. Not occasionally for him, but constantly. He was inherited with hypertension, soon after 60 years old, he was diagnosed having Hepatitis B and sooner later with Liver Cirrhosis. I remember myself asking him to stop drinking, he DID but just for a few months.

Well said ; If he is unable to do whatev
er he likes and happy with, no point living for another few years. He just wanna live up his life, eat and drink whatever he loves to. And I agreed to him. Even after he passed away, until a few years later, now that I still think that he is absolutely correct. We are to live up our life! He was still able to survive for another 10 years after so many diseases (happily) and passed away peacefully. One thing for sure is that ~ He really live his life to the fullest ! Auwww . . . and I miss him =) BUT deepest inside me, somehow I wish he can live for another few more years, at least for him to see me graduating.

And I always wonder IF every single human in this world knows how to do a CPR, the survival rate for stroke or sudden cardiac death might increase tremendously. He first syncope and died on the way to hospital. Still remember my grandpa and I having each other through webcam 2 days before he left us.
Death is a mystery. I still don't get it now after so many years. Maybe because I am not a believer?


1 Anti-Kubi on "# 4 Poker Face"

bc said...

i can drink like 5 bottle straight.
5 bottles of H20.

Kubi's Travel Blog

  • Santa Monica Los Angeles - (Travel Period : 8th July - 14th July 2009) Pictures taken in LA are all copyrighted by Danbo & WCChen Santa Monica Beach - situated beneath the palisades a...
    14 years ago

CuBee Wish List

  • iPhone4
  • Fossil Whitey Watch
  • Pinky Sony Netbook

I've been there

  • St.Pete Russia, Nederland, France, England, Scotland, Dubai UAE 2010
  • USA 2009 - New York, California, Nevada, Florida
  • Spain, Scotland, England 2009
  • Riga, Italy, Austria, Switzerland 2008
  • Ireland, Germany, France, England, Sweden 2008
  • Hong Kong, Singapore, Turkey 2007
  • Italy, Dubai UAE 2006
  • China, Thailand 2004

Kubi Next FootSteps

  • Greece
  • Nepal
  • Tibet
 

Hocus Pocus Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Distributed by Blogger Templates