Saturday, May 24, 2008

UEFA Champions Moscow Final 2008


Fan-based activities launched prior to UEFA Champions League Final 2008
UEFA offered to football fans attending the prestigious UEFA Champions League Final in Moscow, throughout the five days in the build-up to the 2008 Final, to be played on Wednesday 21 May 2008 in the Russian capital. The UEFA Champions Festival located on Red Square from Saturday 17 to Wednesday 21 May.
The UEFA Champions Festival is designed to allow visitors to experience the feeling of the UEFA Champions League Final atmosphere, and the celebration that is UEFA Champions League football, irrespective of whether they are attending the Final itself.

Star ball logo

The design of the adidas Finale Moscow is based on the widely recognisable UEFA Champions League star ball logo. Tied in with the UEFA campaign for the final in Moscow, the colours of the new match ball are dominated by dark red stars with golden detailing. The adidas designers took their inspiration in particular from the colours of Red Square, the Kremlin and the gold domes of Moscow's numerous cathedrals.

So, being a football fan and being rejected 2 times from getting ticket to the final, how can I miss the Champion Festive? =) Am saying this on behalf of somebody haha lol.

Weather in Moscow wasn't good for the whole week, rainy day. But STILL there are so many people gathered at the Kremlin for this festive. I myself went to the Festive on Monday 20thMay, a day before the final match at Lushniki Stadium, a rainy day + sunny day. One thing I did that I won't be able to forget or regret in my life is that
I waited on the queue for the bloody 5 hours!!! From 1noon till 6pm ~ without a sip water without lunch!!! Nobody to be blame Haha. And in fact I got a bit too frustrated on that queue and pity Goku got scolded from me times Haha ~ But we are dying to see the trophy! AND once we stepped onto the stairs while walking towards to trophy ~ GOSH, I don't even remember the 5 hours~ I was too happy!!!
Well, 2nd thought, the 5 hours is nothing ~ Its not like going to have the 2nd time I am able to see the trophy nor such a big football festive. Its Champion's League ok!

Unless Arsenal gets to the next future final, then perhaps I won't be surprise that I will be able to visit the festive again or the match ~ regardless to the host lol. So this time, our main aim was just the trophy and to feel the atmosphere of the Champion's League. Nothing to do with Man Utd or Chelsea ok LOL. But anyway, we've got some freebies from the clubs and also we met some players! And the most most most handsome player I have ever seen
Paulo Ferreira ~ Don't compare him with pictures online ok. He is 100 times much more handsome in real person!!!!! Goku admited that also Hahaha~


After all the sacrifices, the long long queue, we treated ourself a great dinner at TGIF, our favorite American restaurant =) Its a must mar right? Haha after being frustrated for such a long time, at least someone must make it up to me lar LOL. Yay, my Bebe Back Ribs XD

Last but not least, I don't wanna mention abt the match lar... Because I likey not both team haha! But I was hoping Chelsea will win. And I got so touched when I saw Terry teared and I got so happy when I saw Ronaldo missed the penalty kick! Haha~ Ronaldo... the so called handsome-est Portugal player... Princess D, you still likey him? Haha ~ I tell you, trust me Paulo bet him!!! Muahaha ~ =)

Tiring BUT Joyous Outing!

2 Anti-Kubi on "UEFA Champions Moscow Final 2008"

Pike-chan on May 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM said...

waaaah so nice.... can be at moscow see soccer

Ian on May 24, 2008 at 8:02 PM said...

HAHA XAXA YEAH!!! Totally agree one point - Christiano Ronaldo MISSED the penalty, he SUCKS LOL

Kubi's Travel Blog

  • Santa Monica Los Angeles - (Travel Period : 8th July - 14th July 2009) Pictures taken in LA are all copyrighted by Danbo & WCChen Santa Monica Beach - situated beneath the palisades a...
    14 years ago

CuBee Wish List

  • iPhone4
  • Fossil Whitey Watch
  • Pinky Sony Netbook

I've been there

  • St.Pete Russia, Nederland, France, England, Scotland, Dubai UAE 2010
  • USA 2009 - New York, California, Nevada, Florida
  • Spain, Scotland, England 2009
  • Riga, Italy, Austria, Switzerland 2008
  • Ireland, Germany, France, England, Sweden 2008
  • Hong Kong, Singapore, Turkey 2007
  • Italy, Dubai UAE 2006
  • China, Thailand 2004

Kubi Next FootSteps

  • Greece
  • Nepal
  • Tibet
 

Hocus Pocus Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Distributed by Blogger Templates